Monday, June 13, 2005

Time Flies When You're...Hmmm

So it's been a month since I posted anything...I don't know how I feel about that. I cannot believe it's been a month, for several reasons. Have I done a lot of exciting things this summer so far? Not really. Have I had any real "landmark" events in the past mark, to reference the length of time I've been home by? Not really. It's been pretty bland, to be honest. I mean, I didn't expect the time of my life, but it is summer...the last summer before I get married. But I see less of my fiancee than I do any of my friends/family in Colorado, and I think that is a huge reason why this summer has been a slight let-down in my eyes.
I haven't gotten to get out and compete in soccer, which really gets me excited; I haven't done anything really exciting with my friends, which gives me a big high; and I haven't spent much time doing fun things with my fiancee, which is my favorite thing. I spend most of my time at work, and I go home after long days feeling like I have lost another day. That is a horrible feeling, you know? Feeling like you've lost a day. Man, I hope I do not spend my life feeling like I'm losing the days I'm spending. It gives me hope to see time in the future that I really look forward to, but I can't help but be wary of this trap of complacency in discontent.
Enough, though, enough. I have been very blessed too. Spending some time with my parents really talking, and learning to understand each other better has been good...sometimes not fun, but good. Heather and I are walking through fire (it feels like), so I can only hope that means we'll be able to handle anything. I do love my friends here, and that is one thing I can appreciate every time I'm home. I guess I just remember childhood, where summer lasted a lifetime, and every day held at least 14 hours in which to bumrush the day for everything it was worth. I miss those days. I wonder why people are so excited to grow up, when knowing less about the real world was really the best thing for us.
Simple pleasures would do it for me...running through the sprinklers, dancing in the rain, shooting baskets in the soaking sleet, jumping on a trampoline, rolling down a hill, riding my bike, throwing the football in the street for hours, stomping in the mud (just to stomp in it), swimming, swinging on the swingset and jumping off at the end of the swing...so many things I can't really remember the events too clearly, just the emotions.
I wonder if people can go back there, or if we just have to enjoy the memories...I don't know...probably a retorical question. But life is good...we just have to try to figure out how to live it...even the moments that we just want to get through...we should try to make them good moments, because once they're gone, well - they're gone. Just like the last ten minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home