Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Missin' the days...

I miss the days where I had my closest friends available at a moment's notice...I know you may be thinking that it sounds ludicrous...but so many people take for granted the fact that they can return home and call up a close friend and just be able to be near them whenever they want.

My best friend lives in Iowa...we all know that my career doesn't seem to take me to Iowa if I stick with what I'm doing now...plus I would go nuts without the city. It suits him fairly well though, because I think he was made for open spaces and such, and I think at least for now he enjoys it.

My college roommates, who I love and know me very well, live in Chicago...some of whom still live together. I am not in Chicago anymore (where I went to school)...I am the one that moved away, and most of the others stayed relatively close. They visited this weekend and reminded me how much I can enjoy just the sheer presence of those whom you love. I miss that presence.

I now live in Orlando, a city where I do have several friends, but a city where I haven't found the types of people which make me want to be a better person and fill me with the relaxing satisfaction that comes only from being near those select few who you connect with on a deeper, sometimes unspoken, level.

There is something to be said for that. A lot, in fact. I just don't know how to say it...to really make it mean what it does.

All I know is there are a few guys in my life that make me believe in true friendship...I only wish I could be near them to express it more.

Autumn is upon us, and I'm trying to decide what to do for Thanksgiving. The family wants me to come home, the girlfriend/her family want me to stay here, and I don't know what I want.

I'm tired.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim Ellis said...

tyler... i just got back into Iowa, and i miss Colorado very much... i ate chipotle 2 times, i should have eaten there more, but two times is good for now... i got to go to frontroom with cory bragg, and that is always good....

well, i hope we can get in contact over the phone sometime... y

your brohas,

jim

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home