Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Stuff

So sometimes I wonder why stuff is so cool. You know - stuff. I like "stuff."

Stuff you can buy. But is it wrong? Why would there be so much cool stuff if we weren't meant to enjoy it? I don't worship "stuff," but sometimes I feel guilty for liking it. It's hard to find the balance between being a good steward of the resources I have (which is not a lot at this point in my life) and wanting to have "stuff."

This may sound stupid, but its actually something I think about a lot.

I do realize that I probably wouldn't have to (ok, definitely wouldn't have to) worry so much about my shortage of finances if I didn't like to have certain things...but I have trouble finding the balance between never buying anything I like and buying whenever I feel that I really want something.

OK, that was all really dumb. Probably why I don't blog a lot - because I end up rambling for a while and then look back and wonder what the heck I just said.

My brain is a strange place. Colorful, but strange.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim Ellis said...

i have come to the realization that i have a lot of stuff...

i also feel like i picked up the pack rat qualities of my parents and grandparents

12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home