Thursday, November 06, 2008

Stop, Collaborate, Listen

So I'm not entirely sure how to be 24.

Am I supposed to be settled and happy with where my life is and where it's going and how things seem to fall into place? Am I supposed to be constantly searching to find something to satisfy me, or am I supposed to consistently feel slightly out of place forever?

I just don't know.

And everyday I feel more and more like I may never know...when I'm 25...then 30...then 40...then whatever...

Life can look like so many different things - there are so many different paths to take. I have no idea if I'm even NEAR the path which will bring me the most joy...which is kind of scary. Because we get one life. And every day that goes by is an opportunity to find joy and fulfillment...and the moments we remember and cherish are those filled with love, laughter, and deep meaning.

So how does one balance the so-called "responsibilities" of the world...making a living, etc...with these things which obviously bring us so much more fulfillment? And how do we know the place where our gifts align with our opportunities in harmony? And do some people never find that harmony?

I love to write and play music. I love to play soccer. I love to speak to people (though it scares me to death). I love to solve complex problems. I love to love people. I love to laugh. I love to travel.

These are things I know. What do these things do for me in LIFE though? Should I compartmentalize the things which bring me joy from the things which provide my survival, or do I meld them into something which joins the two? Maybe its immature to think I could somehow gain more joy and satisfaction from what I do on a day-to-day basis and I should just accept that there is a clear line between work and all these other things...but something in me tells me it doesn't have to be like this.

I'm 24. I don't even know how to be 24.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once you stop feeling sorry for yourself you will be able to find out who you are and what you want. Your life doesn't seem that bad. You seem to be making it out to be much worse then it really is. Stop looking and just go with the flow. What you are supposed to do will find you when you are least expecting it.

8:17 AM  
Blogger Tyler Hall said...

apparently you misinterpreted where i'm coming from. i'm very blessed. i have a lot of things in my life that i love. the theme is more centered around finding a purpose and going for it. "going with the flow" = retarded.

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home